Saturday, January 22, 2011

Brown Jabawakeez Mask

Letters, (another)


P assing from blog to blog and forum to forum, I came across epistolary challenge launched by Anne Sophie and Azariel to "allow readers / bloggers [re] discover the epistolary literature.


Seeing this, I thought it was an opportunity to meet my taste for the eighteenth century and my curiosity about this genre, by participating in this challenge by publishing literary tickets epistolary novels of that time or epistolary novels with current framework for the eighteenth century.


order not to bite off more than it can chew, I place the bar of my challenge as medium-reader epistolary "(that is to say to post notes on 3-4 epistolary novels before the end of the challenge, or July 31, 2011), and I probably take my readings from the following works:
- The Persian letters (1721) Charles-Louis de Montesquieu
- Clarissa, Or The History of a Young Lady (1748) by Samuel Richardson;
- Julie or La Nouvelle Heloise (1761) Jean-Jacques Rousseau ;
- The Expedition of Humphry Clinker ( Shipment of Humphry Clinker ) (1771) by Tobias Smollett;
- The peasant perverted, or the dangers of City (1775-1776), Nicolas Edme Restif of Brittany;
- Dangerous Liaisons (1782) by Pierre Choderlos de Laclos;
- The almanac dizziness (2009) Jean-Daniel Baltassat.

Stay tuned.

0 comments:

Post a Comment